The Rocky Balboabots have been a part of FIRST Robotics for three years. Our team has been invited to the World Championship for all three years of our team’s operation. We qualified by the Rookie All Star Award (2015), being a Finalist (2016), and the Engineering Inspiration Award (2017).
- Entrepreneurship Award sponsored by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers
Celebrates the entrepreneurial spirit by recognizing a team that has developed the framework for a comprehensive business plan to scope, manage, and achieve team objectives.
- Judges’ Award
During the course of the competition, the judging
panel encounters teams whose unique efforts,
performance, or dynamics merit recognition yet do
not fit into any of the existing award categories.
Today, the judges have defined the following special
award as a Judges’ Award for one such deserving
Passionate and purposeful, this diminutive team is
striving to inspire politicians and education
administrators to foster STEM education. Recognizing
that everyone brings valuable contribution, this team
has worked to make those on the autistic spectrum
feel more comfortable in the workplace. Using their
own success to help promote FIRST and STEM
education throughout their home state, this team is
awarded this year’s Judges’ Award, the “Change of
- Ozark Mountian Brawl Champions
- Engineering Inspiration Award–Sponsored by NASA
- Celebrates outstanding success in advancing respect and appreciation for engineering within a team’s school and community. The winner of this award will have their Championship Registration fee sponsored by NASA, being fully paid by NASA.
- Team Spirit Award–Sponsored by FCA Foundation
Celebrates extraordinary enthusiasm and spirit through exceptional partnership and teamwork furthering the objectives of FIRST
- FIRST Dean’s List Award-Alexis Danekas
Celebrates outstanding student leaders whose passion for and effectiveness at attaining FIRST Ideals is exemplary
- Quality Award– Sponsored by Motorola Solutions Foundation
Celebrates machine robustness in concept and fabrication We earned this award at the World Championship.
- Excellence In Engineering Award–Sponsored by Delphi
Celebrates an elegant and advantageous machine feature.
- Gracious Professionalism Award–Sponsored by Johnson and Johnson
Celebrates outstanding demonstration of FIRST Core Values such as continuous Gracious Professionalism working together both on and off the playing field.
- Highest Rookie Seed
Celebrates the highest-seeded rookie team at the conclusion of the qualifying rounds.
- Rookie All Star Award–Sponsored by National Instruments
Celebrates a rookie team exemplifying a young but strong partnership effort, as well as implementing the mission of FIRST to inspire students to learn more about science and technology.